Re: random crashing of a Debian machine - where to go?

martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> [2002.11.04.1218 -0500]:
i am going to run memtest86 now. for any other hints i'd be greatly
appreciative!

affirmative. memory errors. let's see if crucial meets up to their
warranty promises.

thanks to anyone who spent time on this email.

Just a random thought, but could Power Management be involved somehow? I just wonder given that as far as I know you are on that cruise thingy so the environment has changed. Is it happening when you are plugged into the 'mains' as against the battery? Could it be that you have some salt air dirtying up the battery terminals? This has been an issue to some people here (Gold Coast Australia).

John P Foster
Senior Research Scientist
Golden Orb Technologies LTD