Re: Needed: Hardware recommendateons for Wireless Networking

03/11/2002 18:29:56, "Thomas H. George"  wrote:
> Before purchasing a DSL Gateway Router I would appreciate
>benefiting from the experience of other debian users.
I have just researched wireless networking, and have decided upon a linksys
setup [befw11s4 for ap/router, wmp11 for laptops and wpc11 for desktops]
gear should be delivered on tuesday! so will ask the list for help if i have any
probs! One of the main advantages to the linksys gear is the support in linux.
There have been a few reported problems with the wpc11 and wep but apart
from that all the gear is fully supported.

the linux wlan project has a compatability matrix which is a good start
http://www.linux-wlan.com/linux-wlan/index.html#Compatibility
but there are other resources to be googled for.

hugh