Re: Kernel Panic | boot | Unable to mount root fs | Reiser FS

Hi Alan,

  ok, it's good to hear that it would be possible to use ReiserFS out of
the box. Still I am wondering which problem I did hit then?

  In the posting of Seneca he quoted the explanation regarding the lilo
error messages. As far as I understood there is a serious problem with
my hard disk, which is unlikely as the machine was running the same way
(i.e. booting from SCSI and using ReiserFS) with SuSE.

  I was unsure what to do with the type of partition when fdisking my
hd. I left the type as "eightysomething - linux" as I haven't found
ReiserFS as a vaild type.

  Btw. Is it possible to boot from a ReiserFS partition?

Mariano