Converting router from W2K to Debian

I finally took the plunge. After over a year of suffering through having
my NAT router/DNS server/DHCP server/web server not work, hardly work,
cause problems for everything, etc, with Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
I've decided to take the plunge and switch it over to Debian.
Unfortunately, I'm running into some problems. Here's my current list of
things to do:

1) Get NAT working. I know that this will most likely be a combination of
iptables and ipmasq. Unfortunately, the HOWTO's that I've found so far
haven't been very helpful. As far as I can figure, they only talk about
mapping specific IP's. i.e. Any time a connection for IP 1.2.3.4 comes in,
forward it out through the gateway. Well, what about IP 2.3.4.5, etc.
Having a seperate entry for every site I want to visit sounds rather
ludicrous. :)

2) Get DNS set up. I used to have two zones. theloveshack.local for my
internal DNS, and the-love-shack.net for my external DNS. I'd like to
consolidate these into one. However, since my NS is the registered NS for
my domain, I don't want all of these Class... C? (192.168.0.*, I can never
remember which one's which) IPs showing up in there. Is there a way around
this without creating two completely different zones?

3) Get dynamic DNS updates via DHCP working. I installed dhcp-dns but it
didn't do much of anything for me.

Oh, and since this might be important, I'm running unstable on the router.
(I've got a local mirror of Unstable and the system is most certainly not
a "mission-critical" one. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it's not too much trouble, I'd
appreciate getting CC'd for replies. The address that's subscribed to the list is behind the router so I'm not sure if or when it'll actually be able to receive list messages. And this address would fill up VERY quickly with the amount of traffic on the list. :)

-Alex

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp