Re: Converting router from W2K to Debian

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Alex Malinovich wrote:

[snip]

> 2) Get DNS set up. I used to have two zones. theloveshack.local for my
> internal DNS, and the-love-shack.net for my external DNS. I'd like to
> consolidate these into one. However, since my NS is the registered NS for
> my domain, I don't want all of these Class... C? (192.168.0.*, I can never
> remember which one's which) IPs showing up in there. Is there a way around
> this without creating two completely different zones?

I've read where you've created two zones for internal and external
usage, but bind9 has something called "views", which return different
versions of a zone depending upon who's asking. So you could use your
registered domain for everything, but only resolve internal addresses
when being queried by internal addresses.

[rest snipped]

- Aaron

--
Aaron Hall           :     C'mon, Netscape! I can whistle the page in Morse
ahall@vitaphone.net  :     faster than you're fetching it!

There used to be more text here, but now ther