Re: any suggestions on mail client?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 03:07:51AM -0500, N. Thomas wrote:
> * Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com> [2002-10-30 13:07:51 +0530]:
> > after shifting from windows to linux, i am trying to see which mail
> > program can i use.
>
> Mutt (along with procmail) can do all of the things you describes. However,
> I am bit confused about "address completion":
>
> > have facility of address completion: so when i start typing 'sandip' - the
> > real name, it picks up corresponding e-mail address

lets say, i have an entry that says sandip as real name and deshmukh at
someserver dot com as e-mail adderss. and there are no other entries
that begin with san.

now, when i begin typing sandip, as i type character after character, it
keeps offering me choices. bash does it wrt file names.

> I'm almost certain you are describing aliases, but could you elaborate on
> this functionality to be sure?

see above

> > have ability of address books with custom fields and ability to
> > import csv format address books
>
> Not directliy, you can whip up a quick script to to do this.

well beyond my abilities! still a newbie! :(

 - sandip