Re: [debian-user] How to pronounce "Debian"?

Rüdiger Kuhlmann wrote:

> That leaves the question how to pronounce "DEHB", "ee", "un", "deeb" and "e".

DEHB-ee-un would presumably rhyme with "day bay soon", right? (Just
kidding.)

DEHB: rhymes with EBB or WEB.
ee: rhymes with BEE or SEA.
un: rhymes with FUN or SON.

Emphasis on DEHB, which is why it's in all uppercase. DEHB ee un. Debian.

Hopefully that is reasonably clear and unambiguous to anyone whose
English is good enough to cope with most of the messages on this list.

> Guess what we have an international agreed upon phonetical alphabet for.

Perhaps I'm misremembering, but the "internationally agreed-upon
phonetic alphabet" isn't perfectly expressible in 7-bit ASCII, is it?

<sarcasm> Besides, in accordance with current American foreign policy, I
pay no attention to all these "international agreements" that foreigners
try to impose on me. </sarcasm>

Craig