Re: [debian-user] How to pronounce "Debian"?

>--[Sean 'Shaleh' Perry]--<shalehperry@attbi.com>
> On Thursday 17 October 2002 10:00, Craig Dickson wrote:
> > "Debian" is a contraction of the names "Deborah" and "Ian", so I've always
> > pronounced it accordingly, with the stress on the first syllable:
> >     DEHB - ee - un
> > Does anyone say it differently?
> I often run into people who pronounce it deeb e un.  A short explanation of
> where the name comes from fixes that for most of them.

That leaves the question how to pronounce "DEHB", "ee", "un", "deeb" and "e".
Guess what we have an international agreed upon phonetical alphabet for.

Yours, Rüdiger.

PS: I pronounce Debian like Dibien or like Debian. Guess what that's like.

PPS: Guess how to pronounce... no. Don't even try.

--
         100 DM sind  51 €  13 ¢.
         100 €  sind 195 DM 58 pf.