Re: mail in linux

    "Sandip" == Sandip P Deshmukh <Sandip> writes:

    >> While doing some admin box on a debian machine at work I found
    >> a pop3browser package and the description matches what you
    >> want.
    >>
    Sandip> yes. thanx for pointing me to it. so, now my setup will be
    Sandip> exim + pop3browser + fetchmail + procmail? on windows it
    Sandip> used to be *only* outlook!!

To be fair, on Linux it *can* be *only* Mozilla. Or *only*
XEmacs/GNUS, or *only* evolution, etc.

By using exim you have chosen a more complicated solution than the
minimum required to read email from a POP server. Presumably you have
a reason for doing this, and the additional complexity will pay off
(if only to educate you on a full mail system works through transfer,
delivery and user agents). You could always leave exim configured for
a "sattelite" system and make sure no mail is delivered locally, or
just ignore it and choose the "mail is delivered locally only" option.

Cheers!
Shyamal