Re: mail in linux

    "Sandip" == Sandip P Deshmukh <Sandip> writes:

    Sandip> 1.  how do i run fetchmail? as a daemon or what?

I run it as a daemon.

    Sandip> 2.  can i ask fetchmail to download only headers and
    Sandip> delete unwanted headers off the server only?

Don't know.

    Sandip> 3.  after fetchmail fetches mail, where will it put it?

It can deliver it to local users as standard email (using your local
MTA, in my case exim).

    Sandip> 4.  are there any easy to configure utilities that will
    Sandip> segregate mail finally downloaded?

I use procmail to save my mail to ~/Mail/spool using one file per
mailing list. There are many other ways to do it with procmail. Pick
your poison.

    Sandip> 4.  which software do i use to read the mail fetched by
    Sandip> fetchmail?  can i use mozilla?

Anything that works to read your UNIX mail spool should work (unless
you set up exim and/or procmail to put your mail elsewhere), which
means probably every MUA shipped with Debian.

    Sandip> 5.  any other stuff that might be useful/ interesting etc.

/usr/docs/fetchmail/
/usr/docs/procmail/

Cheers!
Shyamal