Re: /dev/dsp problem

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 08:10:42AM +0200, Martin Batermann wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:06:48 -0500
>  Seneca <seneca-cunningham@rogers.com> wrote:
> > soundcore is the only one from that list that has to do
> > with sound. The
> > question is, which sound driver should you load? What is
> > your soundcard?
> >
> The soundcard appears to be an ESS Maestro PCI Audio.  I
> should add here that my machine is a Dell Latitude C600
> laptop, dual booting Win2K and Debian and the soundcard
> info above is what is reported by the Windows Device
> Manager.

It looks like the driver you want is either maestro or maestro3. Try
one, and if it doesn't work, try the other.

> PS:  On matters of netiquette:  Does one reply to the list
> as well as the sender, or just to the list?  Should
> messages be snipped or kept complete?  Just wondering...

Just reply to the list, if you also reply to the sender, the sender
receives 2 copies of the message. You should also snip whatever is not
needed, otherwise some messages would get too long.