Re: Configuring soundblaster live value

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 23:47 -0500, lameth wrote:
> I'm at a loss. While installing debian probing of my soundblaster live
> value card failed. I've downloaded isapptools and pciutils but I'm not
> sure how to go about configuring the card. I created the file attached
> to this e-mail with the command pcidump > /etc/isapnp.conf.
>
> The problem is none of the ports listed in the isapnp.conf file seem to
> match the settings displayed in the windows 98 control panel. The
> settings under windows are;
> SB Port 220
> MPU 401 Port 330
> ABLIB Port 388
> IRQ 7
> 8-bit dma 1
> 16-bit dma 5
> INPUT/OUTPUT Range
> 0220-022F
> 0330-0331
> 0338-033B
>
> The isapnp file lists many port addresses but I have no idea which one
> to use. soundcore was installed as were the sound, emu10k1, and audio
> modules.
> # $Id: pnpdump_main.c,v 1.27 2001/04/30 21:54:53 fox Exp $
> # Release isapnptools-1.26
> # Trying port address 03eb
> # Trying port address 03f3
> # No boards found

Hi, is your card ISA or PCI ?  I thought SB live was available only as
a pci card.  I have one and this is what I did to get it to work with
the standard OSS kernel drivers:

cd /etc/modutils

edit a new file and name it whatever you want... `editor sb`

this is what I have:

# SB live
alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1
alias sound-service-0-0 emu10k1
alias sound-slot-1              off
alias sound-service-1-0         off

save the file and run `update-modules`.

I think you should be able to do `modprobe emu10k1`. Or try rebooting.
`lsmod` should show emu10k1, sound, and soundcore.  Good luck!