nfs server newbie question

Within a small SOHO LAN I'd like to serve up my /home directory from
one particular box with basic install of Debian 3.0 on it.

Aside from my making the following entry into a /etc/exports file ...

/home/myhomedirectory      192.168.1.0/24(rw)

what else needs to be done?

lsmod shows that 'nfs' and 'nfsd' are both there but unused.

dpkg -l |grep nfs shows 'nfs-common' only. Do I need 'nfs-kernel-server'
too in order for this to work?  Or is 'nfs-common' sufficient?

If I 'ps -ef|more' and look through the entries, I can see portmap but
no nfsd.  But if I look in /etc/rc2.d I can see an entry of
'S21nfs-common' although nowhere do I see an entry of 'S??nfsd'.  Is
that what's needed?

Thanks
Kevin