Re: postfix library problem

nate wrote:
Tom Allison said:

I get these warnings on the postfix check command.
Any ideas why?

postfix maintains a chroot in /var/spool/postfix, if files in
there differ from files outside of there it will tell you. It
could be an indication that the libraries were modified or upgraded
"improperly".

You should run md5sum on both sets of files to be sure they are
different, my reccomendation would be, to re-copy the originals
(located outside of /var/spool/postfix) and overwrite the ones in
/var/spool/postfix(be sure ownership and permissions are the same),
before attempting this backup /var/spool/postfix first

nate

These are exactly the same according the md5sum. They also compare to another "Control" installation.

If identical, why the incorrect report on 'postfix check'?
Since identical, will copying the from /lib to /var/spool/postfix/lib fix anything?
Is this a reportbug?
--
The meek shall inherit the earth; the rest of us, the Universe.