questions about a Free Software Symposium presentation

Hi

While I was reading http://telemetrybox.org/tokyo/ (a paper about Debian
based on a presentation), a few things cought my attention:

The last line of the author's academic credentials reads:

"Ph.D. Candidate, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2003(?). Divine action in the
context of Scientific Thinking: From Quantum Mechanics to Divine Action. "

I'd like to know if this is a joke or a prank (seriously)

The paper also mentioned that the author, Christoph Lameter, is a faculty
member of the University of Phoenix. I'm a Ph.D. candidate myself (at
Columbia), and I thought one could not be a faculty member (anywhere) without
a doctorate degree (at least). No?

Cheers,
Oleg