Re: (semi-OT) Novell eDirectory on debian - anyone tried it?

nate <debian-user@aphroland.org> wrote:

> If it doesn't run on debian I have a redhat 7.3 system
> it could go on or an old solaris box, but would prefer debian :)

My tests weren't that successful. You can convert their
rpm-packages with alien. I tried to get NIMS to work -
that's why I had to mess with eDirectory, as well. I
think, eDirectory worked ok - but NIMS didn't.

BTW.: I think, eDirectory is licensed on a user basis,
right?

by
Töns
--