Re: [Galeon-user] Galeon Crashing!

> I'm running a continously update Debian testing system. Galeon is my
> browser of choice (galeon-1.2.5-0.woody.deb). BUT since a couple of days
> it crashes continously on me (kill -9 is necessary if that happens). I
> can not really pin it to anything, have purged and reinstalled the
> components involved, removed the .galeon directory and gone through the
> first time druid ... nothing solved the problem.
>
> Can anybody help me out here please? What can I do to diagnose this
> better?

I recently installed a redhat8 system, and it came with galeon 1.2.5 and
moz 1.0.1.  It also crashed on me a LOT, so I upgraded to 1.2.6 with moz
1.1, but that didn't help.  Through plain luck I figured out that my flash
5 plugin was crashing on pages with flash 6/mx.  I pulled my flash .so's
and the problem went away.  I would imagine the problem would exist on any
system, since it's a flash thing.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone Broadcasting
Cornerstone University

------
"...it has occurred to me that a man need know but two sentences to survive.
The first to ask for food, the second to tell a woman he loves her. If he
must dispense with one or the other, by all means let it be the first. For
surely, if you tell a woman you love her, she will feed you."
                        -- Louis L'Amour, The Walking Drum