Re: HD size limit ?

Rob Weir said:

> IIRC, the upper limit with 2.4 kernels is 32-bit sector addressing:
> 512*2^32=2TB, which is far above the largest HDDs you can buy today, but
> within the range of reason for RAID arrays.  I'm fairly sure even this
> limit has been removed in 2.5 though.

isn't 2TB a filesystem limitation not a block device? at least for
IDE I am sure the 32bit addressing tops out at about 137GB

that doesn't stop someone from making a big array of disks smaller
then 137GB to equal a logical volume of larger.. e.g. I built several
systems with 6disk raid10 arrays totalling 220GB each no problem.

I'm no good at math so I am just repeating what I have read on my
forums, websites and stuff.

nate