dual-booting with debian

I currently use redhat linux, but I am interested in trying debian linux.
I am a graduate student and have recently purchased a laptop with
Windows 2000, which I need for research applications.  However, I would
like to dual boot the machine with debian.  The linux boxes I
maintain are devoted to linux, so I'm not too familiar with dual
booting.  Where can I find the necessary documentation for this task?

I appreciate any help you can provide regarding this matter.

Much Thanks,
Tom
C. Thomas Harris
Graduate Student Researcher