Re: Switching between X and consoles with stock kernel?

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 10:13:14AM -0500, Lance Simmons wrote:
> Anyway, at least it seems pretty clearly to be a USB mouse related
> problem.  Perhaps there's some secret recipe for loading those modules
> correctly.  In the past I've just compiled USB support directly into the
> kernel, and never had a problem.

Random thoughts follow:

I've got a Logitech USB optical mouse here, and it works well for me
with my 2.4.19-ck9 kernel.
Relevant modules:
mousedev
hid
input
usb-uhci
usbcore

Are you using hotplug or usbmgr or something?  I'm using murasaki, since
hotplug always complained about being `unable to synthesize root events'
or somesuch (I didn't have to time to fiddle, so I just installed
muraski).

Are you running GPM?  It works fine for me, but lots of other people
seem to have issues with it.

Are you sure you've selected the right mouse protocol in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4?  You can get much weirdness by choosing a
slightly incompatible one.

-rob