antispam - postfix+cyrus+spamassassin+sanitizer

greetings

that recent thread about 'best anti spam thing' got me thinkin
again about trying spamassassin.

I've been wanting to try it for a while but haven't gotten around
to it. So today i dove in!

I followed the directions loosly here:
http://advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html

I am not using procmail(because of cyrus), so that portion I ignored
but I am using the filter.sh script with postfix. I had to compile/install
spamassasin, spamc, and libnet-smtp-server-perl from testing and installed
it. It seems to be working after some trouble. The guide above seems
to configure postfix in a non chroot enviornment which is not debian's
default. So I went through the pains of setting up a valid chroot
enviornment in /var/spool/postfix so that all of the tools could work
(perl, libraries etc). But it seems the system doesn't run that script
in chroot so I think I can remove it? That is, despite telling postfix
"-" to chroot(default yes) it still writes the log to the real /tmp
and uses the real /usr/local/var/spool/filter instead of the
/var/spool/postfix/usr/local/var/spool/filter. I sent a few test messages and
they came back with some new headers so I think it is working:

So my main question is does anyone on the list have any experiences
with the above combo of software(in subject line) on woody that they
could share with me? Is there a better way to impmliment spamassasin?
and any tuning tips? For the moment I turned off all checks in
sanitizer just so I could be sure that the script works, after watching
my mail logs for a few more hours for any errors I will start turning
back on some of the default options to see if it causes trouble.

thanks!

nate
(spamassassin & sanitizer newbie)