How to change screen-blanking time

Hi:

  Recently my machine (pentium, linux kernel 2.4.18, sarge), used
  used to blank after 5 min, suddenly stopped blanking. I looked
  around and found that I could set it with setterm -blank time.
  This presumable would have to be done everytime one booted. In any
  case, I found that when I rebooted the problem had vanished, but
  I would still like to know how one sets the blank time permanently in
  some file. Where is this information held? I have not been able to
  find this from any of the man pages or the Oreilly Linux book.

  Thanks.

  Sebastian

--
Sebastian Canagaratna