Re: HD size limit ?

Kevin Coyner said:

> Is there a limit to the size of a IDE hard drive that Debian/Linux can
> accomodate?
>
> I.e. there are some pretty good deals now on 120GB IDE hard drives.  I
> just want to make sure I'm not buying something that I cannot use
> 'easily'.

the only limit is most likely that drives which require 48-bit addressing
wouldn't be supported. that is usually..what 137GB?? these drives also
require a newer controller in most cases. I remember reading about patches
being available for 2.4.x but I haven't noticed whether or not those
patches made it into the mainline kernel yet.

nate