OT: Different Embedded Linux question

First of all, my apologies for the OT question, we seem to be straying quite
a bit these days.  Now for the WAY OT question:

We are running a lot of Symbol technologies scanners here in the warehouse
and I noticed that they are using DRDOS for the OS, running Novell's free
(old) IP stack.  My thought was "I wonder if I could get an embedded Linux
running on this thing"?  They have 128K EPROM that holds the OS, BIOS, and
terminal diagnostics, 640K of RAM and 256K of standard non-volatile memory
(apperently upgradeable to 1.2M).  The one caveat is that it would need a
5250 emulator as well and I have yet to find a 5250 emulator for Linux that
works.

Anyone have any ideas on where I could start to look?

Thanks!

Barry deFreese
NTS Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell