Re: OT - Power Supply 300w or 400w?

Chip Rose said:
> I'm buying a new computer - upgrade option available to get 400w power
> supply  versus standard 300w.  Benefits?

raw wattage doesn't mean much in some power supplies(e.g. the cheap
shit ones). I personally use PC power & Cooling Exclusively. I have:

2 TurboCool 450ATXs
1 TurboCool 425ATX
2 TurboCool 300ATXs
1 UltraQuiet 180AT

they are top quality. there are some other good quality brands as well,
be sure to get a good one, /. has an article linking to some review
at tom's hardware about power supplies(bad article IMO). Just don't
get one of them $15 400watt power supplies, chances are its a piece
of crap.

and of course never connect a computer to the wall without a UPS,
for lowcost, high quality UPSs I reccomend Cyberpower they offer
a great "AVR" range(700VA-1500VA) which run great, I have 2 900AVRs
and 1 1500AVR.

nate