Re: msttcorefonts

Hi!

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:08:59AM +0100, Ben Thompson wrote:
> works fine normally, but not on this system. The installer works
> fine, it downloads the packages and says ther are no problems, but I
> don't see any fonts in Mozilla or anywhere else. Please could

Yes, msttcorefonts uses now defoma to register the fonts. To use the
fonts in X you need the package x-ttcidfont-conf, too.
You get two new FontPath lines for XF86Config-4 (I hope, you use XFree
4) or your font server. x-ttcidfont-conf will ask you for which font
module the font files should be created, freetype or xtt. Choose the
same type your X server use (look at the module section in
XF86Config-4).

Alas, msttcorefonts doesn't clean itself properly from the fonts.*
files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType. If you don't have fonts
there anymore, remove the FontPath or edit the fonts.* files.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                   E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |