Re: msttcorefonts

Ben Thompson said:
> I've installed the msttcorefonts package on my sarge system, but I can't
> get it to work. I've used this package before on other systems, and it
> works fine normally, but not on this system. The installer works fine, it
> downloads the packages and says ther are no problems, but I don't see any
> fonts in Mozilla or anywhere else. Please could someone advise how I can
> check out what's going on?

i've never used this package myself, but I can say how I use TTF fonts
in X..

install xfstt
drop my .ttf files in /usr/share/fonts/truetype
restart xfstt

configure X to use localhost:7101 as a fontpath..in afterstep theres
a file called autoexec which I have the line
xset +fp inet/localhost:7101 &

to add the font path..you can also put the font path directly in
the XF86Config-4 file

I think this is an xfree3 specific way to do it, but I've been using
it on half a dozen xfree4 systems for a year and a half now without
any issues and I have true type fonts available in everything.

at the same time I also get a font server which I can connect other
servers to, to use the fonts w/o having to keep them on every single
system, works good!

nate