Re: Exim configuration

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 09:11:24PM -0500, Shyamal Prasad wrote:

>     R> I send mail with exim which works except in my ISP's domain.
>
>     R> When I send mail to randomuser@attbi.com it is seen as local
>     R> mail to an unknown user.
>
>     R> How should I make this work?
>
> My guess is you have attbi.com listed in local_domains in exim.conf.

Yes, it is.

> What does 'exim -bt randomuser@attbi.com' say?

It says:

user "nonesuch" for file existence test not found
nonesuch@attbi.com is undeliverable:
  unknown local-part "nonesuch" in domain "attbi.com"

>     R> Preferably I'd like to be able to directly send mail to a few
>     R> hosts.on.localnet.
>
> Sorry....would you explain that some more?

I'd like to use the ISP's smtp server as my smarthost except for
a few specific hosts or a private/bogus domain referring to my localnet.

Thank you.

--
rob                     Live the dream.