bind9 and ipv6

I've just installed Bind9 on a spare machine to do DNS caching for my
SOHO LAN.  The install and config went o.k. as there is no shortage of
reading material - both in print and the web - such that I could figure
most of it out.

However, I am seeing something that I don't know what to do with and how
to fix (if need be).  When I start up /etc/init.d/bind9 start, and then
check /var/log/syslog, I see the normal startup messages for bind, but
also see the following:

named[2387]: IPv6 structures in kernel and user space do not match
named[2387]: IPv6 support is disabled
named[2387]: no IPv6 interfaces found

I have the IPv6 module compiled in my kernel, and I'm using 2.2.20.

Are these startup references to IPv6 simply safe to ignore?

One more question:  I've set this up as a caching server.  However, can
I add a master zone for the machines in my LAN, even though I don't have
a FQDN?  I read the following article ...

http://portico.org/articles/userdns.php3

which indicates that you can setup your own private DNS zone for your
small LAN.  This sounds interesting, but I don't want to upset my ISP
and don't want to unnecessarily be sending out junk info packets to the
Internet.

I'm finding that understanding the intracacies of DNS takes a good
amount of time and reading ...  :)

Kevin

--

Kevin Coyner