apache query

I don't need apache to be serving my machine's documentation as /doc/ and
certainly don't want it broadcasting to the rest of the Internet
effectively what packages and versions I have installed, for security
reasons. So, I commented out "Alias /doc/ /usr/doc/" from srm.conf.

However, in a later upgrade, something seems to have silently added "Alias
/doc/ /usr/share/doc" to the end, which I've also commented out now that
I've finally noticed.

Was commenting the line out the wrong way to do this? What can I do to
stop these aliases being added again by future "upgrades"?

Thanks,
        Mark