Re: Flash 6 beta

Gerhard Gaussling wrote:
Am Sonntag, 20. Oktober 2002 15:02 schrieb Tom Allison:

All I get is the first image and that takes some time.
I am assuming that it downloads the entire package, starts
running, and then stops.

I tried it with wwwoffle and experienced something similar on a modularised flashsite: It seems to be quite similar to the javaplugin/proxy problem. The other parts of the film couldn't be loaded through the proxy.

Without proxy everything works fine.

Theory du jour:  I do not have ALSA, I have OSS support from the
kernel.  I may have a sound conflict in there someplace.  I
wonder what happens if there are no sound drivers/support at all?

Do you have compiled the sound as module?
Without sounddriver there was no problem with the flash 5 plugin.

regards

gerhard

sound is a module, but that's never been an issue with me. In fact, sound never worked under Flash 5.

I did a strace on mozilla-bin and found that while it typically runs through a look when doing nothing, under flash pages, it was looping as fast as the text box could output. Never diminished.

--
E.T. GO HOME!!!  (And take your Smurfs with you.)