Re: Lighter window managers

Glyn Millington wrote:

> Russell <rjshaw@iprimus.com.au> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been using fvwm2, and it has tons of configuration options,
> > which i find hard to master.
> > What are some good window managers that are even more light weight,
> > have less options (simpler to configure), and work well?
>
> Fvwm2 is hard to beat for the combination of extreme configurability
> whilst remaining relatively lightweight. Is there anything specific you
> are struggling with?  Have you tried the Fvwm list - they are _very_
> helpful, as was this list when I converted to fvwm a few weeks ago ;-)
>
> If you want small, fast, solid and stylish, go for Blackbox!  But no
> icons...

Hi,

I've been reading the fvwm list for a month, since i installed it.

I've used various ideas from the list, which was a help. One major
pain is that the manual is very hard to navigate for what you want:
http://www.fvwm.org/generated/manpages/fvwm2.html
It needs a decent index and more html links. If there's something
with lots of options, i just *have* to read them all;)