Re: Lighter window managers

Russell <rjshaw@iprimus.com.au> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been using fvwm2, and it has tons of configuration options,
> which i find hard to master.
> What are some good window managers that are even more light weight,
> have less options (simpler to configure), and work well?

Fvwm2 is hard to beat for the combination of extreme configurability
whilst remaining relatively lightweight. Is there anything specific you
are struggling with?  Have you tried the Fvwm list - they are _very_
helpful, as was this list when I converted to fvwm a few weeks ago ;-)

If you want small, fast, solid and stylish, go for Blackbox!  But no
icons...

Glyn
--
Debian Home       http://www.debian.org