Re: Qt Designer -segmentation fault

Setyo Nugroho <setyo.nugroho@web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I got this message: "segmentation fault", every time I run the built
> database program, either from rough C++ codes or using QDesigner or
> using Qdesigner in combination with KDevelop. What does it mean?

A segmentation fault is a memory access error.  The jargon file says,

>From Jargon File (4.3.3, 20 Sep 2002) [jargon]:

  segmentation fault n. [Unix] 1. [techspeak] An error in which a
     running program attempts to access memory not allocated to it and
     {core dump}s with a segmentation violation error. This is often
     caused by improper usage of pointers in the source code,
     dereferencing a null pointer, or (in C) inadvertently using a
     non-pointer variable as a pointer. The classic example is:

       int i;
       scanf ("%d", i);  /* should have used &i */

> I am sure the database connections can be made, since previewing from
> QDesigner is successful. But the compiled program does not work
> properly. Why is that?

Hard to say with the information provided.  You can try debugging with
gdb.

> From : apt-cache show libqt3-dev, I got this:
> "Package: libqt3-dev
> Section: devel ..".
> Which means that kdelibs-dev (pls correct me if 'm wrong). Instead of
> kdelibs-dev, kdelibs4-dev is installed.
>
> and "apt-cache show kdelibs4-dev"
> "Package: kdelibs4-dev
> Conflicts: kdelibs-dev ..."
>
> Could someone help me please?

kdelibs4-dev provides kdelibs-dev, if that's what you're asking.

--
People said I was dumb, but I proved them!