Re: gnu-chess

This one time, at band camp, Arash Bijanzadeh said:
> On Saturday 19 October 2002 16:37, Joris wrote:
> > > Where can I find a gnu-chess package for Debian please?
> >
> > apt-get install gnuchess
> >
> > when looking for something that trivial, try
> > apt-cache search <keywords>
> >
> > greetz,
> >
> > Joris
> root@gorg:~# apt-get install gnuchess
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Package gnuchess has no available version, but exists in the database.
> This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
> never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
> of sources.list
> E: Package gnuchess has no installation candidate
> root@gorg:~#
>
> I know something about apt but my problem is this ;-)

I'm guessing you're using stable.  Check
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=gnuchess&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all
It looks like it's only in testing and unstable.  If you want to mix
distributions and install a select few packages from testing, look into
apt-pinning in the apt-howto adn in the apt manpage.

HTH,
Steve

--
Thus spake the master programmer:
	"When a program is being tested, it is too late to make design changes."