Backup Script

Would anyone happen to know of a ready made backup (tar) script for a debian box, something that I could tell to backup to another drive, and make full copies with incremental updates throughout the week. Would be nice to have it report to a file too. I have messed around with using tar, but don't know enough to make a nice backup script yet, maybe someone already has one made up they could hand out. Don't want an excessive script, just something that gets to the point.

Thanks a bunch

du