Re: spamassassin + exim

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:52:56AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good way to integrate spamassassin with exim?
>
> I tried the instructions at
> http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim3_spamassassin.html
> to use it as a transport filter, but I just "unexpected EOF during smtp"
> type errors from the spawned exim.
>
> I set up an awful kludge in my .forward but I would prefer something
> better integrated with exim. I need it to work with amavis as well,
> though.. amavis has some built-in hooks for spamassassin but there's
> hints in the amavis config file that they don't work.
>
> Also, spamassassin's default rules seem to contain a non-functional rbl,
> as every delivery takes 30 seconds while it times out. :-(

Hm, I just use spamassassin (see
http://www.arise.demon.co.uk/exim_spamassassin.html), but you might be able
to adapt that to run messages through amavis rather than spamc. (It's also
for Exim 4, but ports back reasonably well to Exim 3 by using smartuser
directors instead of accept routers).

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      Reading, UK                           araqnid@innocent.com