Re: icewm global configuration

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 01:11:34PM +1000, Darryl Ross wrote:
> I have modified the /etc/X11/icewm/menu and preferences file to suit the
> needs of my family on my home network. In the /etc/X11/icewm/menu it
> says the following:
>
>    # Place your variants in @cfgdatadir@ or in $HOME/.icewm
>    # since modifications to this file will be discarded when you
>    # (re)install icewm.
>
> Does anyone know what/where is the @cfgdatadir@? As I would prefer to
> place my files there, so that they won't get over-written when I upgrade
> icewm.

@cfgdatadir@ = /etc/X11/icewm - the file is talking about iself.

As you probably guessed, /etc/X11/icewm/* is icewm-specific. If you want
to do some generic stuff (i.e. independent of window manager or other
menu providers), look into update-menus and play with /etc/menu/*.

HTH
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com