Anyone using Debian for Graphic Design or CAD?

Hello All,
It is my desire to set up my home debian system for use as a Graphic Design/
Illustration workstation, I was wondering if anyone in this group is
currently using debian/linux for graphics; and what their setup was. Maybe
they could offer a few pointers on what software is available (open source
or proprietary) for Linux. Also interested in hearing from people who are
using Debian/Linux for CAD work, in particular architecture.

thanks in advance for your replies.

mw