Re: Galeon

on Thu, Oct 17, 2002, Oki DZ (okidz@pindad.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to start Galeon without any toolbar or menubar; I have tried to
> toggle them off via the View menu and then exited. When Galeon gets
> started again, the toolbars get displayed again. Are there any command
> line options that I can set?

I've seen a few posts to this effect lately.  Might try moving your
.galeon directory elsewhere, restarting .galeon, and seeing if that
fixes things (e.g.:  settings are saved cross-session).

I also recall seeing suggestions that gconf may be borked at some
version.  What versions of galeon/gconf are you running, have you
checked the BTS, and what Debian release are you running?

Peace.

   TWikIWeThey: Technology, free software, GNU/Linux, and a little bit
   of everything else:  http://twiki.iwethey.org/