Re: linux odd firewall setup help.

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Sheldon Lee-Wen wrote:

> What do I need to do to set this same thing up on linux? I've looked at proxy
> arp bridging, but I'm not sure if this is what I need, or if it will work.

Hi,

I solved a similar problem on our network by using the SNAT and DNAT
facilities available in iptables (on a multiple-homed system running
as a firewall). I learned about it when reading a nice tutorial on
iptables I found at

http://iptables-tutorial.haringstad.com/iptables-tutorial.html

It has some examples on how to achieve this.

HTH,

--
HdV