Re: linux odd firewall setup help.

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:19:07 -0400 Sheldon Lee-Wen <tormak@rogers.com>
wrote:

> the developers set things up in such a way
> that they still need to use the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx ip addresses of the
> development servers in order to access them.
(snip)
> What do I need to do to set this same thing up on linux? I've looked at
> proxy arp bridging, but I'm not sure if this is what I need, or if it
> will work.

One way to do this is to multi-home the NIC in the firewall that's on the
10.0.0.0/8 network to have all the old development server ip addresses and
then do a simple one to one forwarding.  I'm sure that most firewall
scripts can handle this, I know mine can
(http://asgardsrealm.net/linux/firewall)

--
Jamin W. Collins