Re: java with woody/galeon

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 10:08:11PM -0400, David Sanders wrote:
> I can't get Galeon/Mozilla to recognize the java plugin.  I downloaded
> the sdk from java.sun.com, installed it, made a link in the plugin
> directory (/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins) to libjavaplugin_oji.so  -  but the
> browser ignores it.

Take a look at Settings/Allow Java checkbox in Galeon's main menu; it has to be
set. It would be nice to set $JAVA_HOME to the location of the SDK too.

BTW, be careful of some strange applets (the one used in www.detik.com, for
example; don't worry about the language, you can ignore it). They make your
browser works very slowly by doing something strange (i.e.: trying to update
system properties; which may fail if done in multi-user environments); just open
up Tools/Java console in Galeon, and see what is happening.

Oki