Re: java with woody/galeon

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 22:08, David Sanders wrote:
> I can't get Galeon/Mozilla to recognize the java plugin.  I downloaded
> the sdk from java.sun.com, installed it, made a link in the plugin
> directory (/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins) to libjavaplugin_oji.so  -  but the
> browser ignores it.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

For {some strange} reason, Debian's Mozilla uses the plugin name of
javaplugin.so instead, and it needs to be the plugin in the ns610 branch
of the java tree if your Mozilla is anywhere near current (ns600 tree is
for old Netscape 6 and the older versions of Mozilla it was based on.)
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org