Re: Imap issue

Joyce, Matthew said:

> Hi,
>
> I have a box running woody v3, kernel 2.4.18, with uw-imap

try telnetting to it. from your nmap output I get the impression
that it is firewalled. Perhaps at the client end..or maybe the
server end.. if it connects then drops the connect, its most likely
a tcp_wrappers thing. if it says connection refused most likely it
is a firewall thing. if it says connection timed out it is almost
gauranteed a firewall thing. if it says no route to host, it could
be a router acl thing.

also test other ports on the system & ping it as well see what
the results are.

nate