RE: Imap issue

>From out side our network I try to telnet to port 143

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 143
Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

So is this likely to be a Router/ACL issue rather than a debian config issue
?

-----Original Message-----
From: nate [mailto:debian-user@aphroland.org]
Sent: Friday, 18 October 2002 2:05 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Imap issue

Joyce, Matthew said:

> Hi,
>
> I have a box running woody v3, kernel 2.4.18, with uw-imap

try telnetting to it. from your nmap output I get the impression that it is
firewalled. Perhaps at the client end..or maybe the server end.. if it
connects then drops the connect, its most likely a tcp_wrappers thing. if it
says connection refused most likely it is a firewall thing. if it says
connection timed out it is almost gauranteed a firewall thing. if it says no
route to host, it could be a router acl thing.

also test other ports on the system & ping it as well see what the results
are.

nate