Re: increasing columns/rows of console

* Matthew Weier O'Phinney (matthew@weierophinney.net) [021017 15:23]:
> Currently when I log into my machine, the terminal is the standard
> 80x25. I would like it to be 128x40. How do I do this?

Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt has info about selecting video modes with
the vesa FB kernel video driver.  Are you using it?  (Do you see a
penguin at the top of your screen when you boot?)

otherwise, have a look at Documentation/svga.txt .  Both of these
documents are part of the kernel documentation; install an appropriate
kernel-doc package if you don't already have it on your system.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/