Re: Download manager

On 15 Oct 2002 23:36:36 +0200
Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen <ken@fiona-victor.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 22:17, csj wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:16:38 -0400
> > "Derrick 'dman' Hudson" <dman@dman.ddts.net> wrote:
> >
> > >  On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 11:54:05AM +1000, Joyce, Matthew wrote:
> > >  | Is there a download manager for linux at all ?
> > >
> > >  gtm
> > >
> > >  | I would like to schedule late night downloads.
> > >
> > >  This can be scripted quite nicely with cron and 'wget'.
> >
> > I prefer at + gtm.

[snipping myself]

> Have a look at lftp. Supports nearly anything, bandwidth control,
> foreground, background, auto-nohup, ssh/scp, and https soon.
> Its a lifesaver.
> Kenneth

Can I fire up lftp even when I don't have a connection (yet)? With plain
wget, I get error messages, blah like "host not found". Another feature
I find useful in gtm is that it "remembers" the files I've queued for
download. So I could restart it at the last file I was downloading, etc.