Re: smbfs mount over internet?

Matt Price wrote:

> the webserver at my uni runs unix but doesn't allow nfs access.  It
> does, however, allow remote access via samba.  Question:  can I mount
> a remote samba volume over the internet using smbfs?  If so, what's
> the syntax for the fstab entry?

I think something like this will work:

//machine.domain.tld/smb-share-name /mnt/whatever smbfs user,noauto 0 0

[1] The FQDN, or as much of it as you need from your location, of the
machine you want to connect to.

[2] The name of the Samba share on that machine.

[3] The local point where you want to mount that share.

Craig