Re: gui c/c++ programming

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Kevin Coyner wrote:

[...]
> So, can anyone point out what they think the best toolsets are for
> learning how to write GUI interfaces in C/C++?  So far I've found that
> Qt seems to have a lot geared towards the beginner.  Am I correct in
> that assumption?  I also like the fact that programs written in Qt are
> portable to other platforms.
>
> Just looking for some color on how to get started in this area.
>
> Thanks
> Kevin
>
> --
>
> Kevin Coyner
> mailto: kevin@rustybear.com
> GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941

although i have not done much serious gui programming, i would recommend
fltk (fltk.org). it is quite small (can be linked static in most cases),
easy to use, supports opengl and is cross-platform. there is also a
gui-builder or somehting like that.
i do not like qt. it is so fat. and, btw, make and such things are really
difficult with this moc stuff.

burkhard